Generally, HelpSpot only requires a modest virtual (or physical) server. 1 CPU, 2-4GB of ram, 50GB of hard disk (SSD is optimal). Large installations may require more resources, feel free to contact sales for more details on your specific needs.
Windows users must use the provided HelpSpot installer, which installs all required software, including the new Sphinx search engine, and required PHP modules.
- SqlServer 2008+
- The installer can install MySQL if you don't have or don't wish to use Microsoft SqlServer.
- SqlServer Express 2008+
- SqlServer Express will work, however it has limitations that could limit large installations
- MySQL 5.6+
- HelpSpot supports both the bundled MySQL server or a self-installed MySQL
- Windows Server 2008+
- The installer will use IIS if it's available, or you can choose to install the Apache web server
Supported Web Servers
- Microsoft IIS 5+
- Apache 2+
- The HelpSpot installer can install a bundled Apache web server, however a self-installed Apache is not supported
Linux servers require:
- MySQL, version 5.6 or greater†
- Apache, version 2.4+ recommended OR Nginx, 2.6+ recommended††
- PHP 5.6+
- PHP MySQL or PGSQL modules
- PHP Mcrypt module
- PHP IMAP module
- PHP cURL module
- PHP XML module
- Ioncube Loader
- SphinxSearch 2.1.9 or greater (2.1.9 suggested)
† RedHat users can use MariaDB and its XTRADB storage engine rather than MySQL and InnoDB storage engine without issue. In RedHat 7, MariaDB is provided in the default package repositories instead of MySQL.
†† HelpSpot will work great with both Apache or Nginx. Note that Nginx requires the installation of PHP-FPM.